Skip to content

concert in Freeport, ME 8/13/11

General discussions on Rickie’s music

concert in Freeport, ME 8/13/11

Postby mdimarcohammond » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:11 am

it's 5 a.m. I've been spellbound listening to Rickie's music and reading her history all night. I had a front row seat last night at her mesmerizing outdoor concert sponsored by L.L. Bean's in their Discovery Park. It's a free concert that I feel blessed to have been able to attend. I'm a local who came over at 12:10 a.m. to put our chair's up to secure such a terrific concert experience.

I graduated HS in 1979. I remembered her music coming out then, and then songs as the years past. I hadn't embraced her full and rich poetic depth. I hadn't realized how powerful, diverse, and vast her library of music was. I'm looking forward to the arrival of "Balm in Gilead". I ordered two copies as soon as I returned home last night. One for myself and one for my friend who went with me...for Christmas..if I can wait that long. She and I made plans to come to this concert as soon as it was publicized last winter.

I hope the crowd wasn't a disappointment to Rickie Lee and the Band. Mainer's can be so reserved! I'm a native NYS gal who went to lots of concerts growing up. I love Maine. I've been here 23 years. But I think outstanding performers/artists like Rickie Lee Jones might be underwhelmed by such a passive crowd. I have a broken foot and came in on a knee scooter. That tamed me down a bit, but I don't think my enthusiasm was missed. I hope she will come back to Maine.

I am captivated.
mdimarcohammond

Return to Board index

Return to Music Talk