Skip to content

Songs you'd like to hear Rickie cover

General discussions on Rickie’s music

Re: Songs you'd like to hear Rickie cover

Postby marmotte » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Well I'm sorry if I am in the wrong place...
Rickie has influenced my life deeply, her voice heals my sadness, her sense of rythm brings me joy, she is such a musician... thanks for that.

I know this topic is for asking a cover but I'll reverse the process if I am allowed.

This is our tribute to this "grande dame", usualy when the MOF makes a cover, we try to make it different but there was no way to play this song in another way : Chuck-E by M.O.F.

Respect and admiration
marmotte

Postby mcrochet » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 pm

I would love to hear her play Rorschachs theme again in Santa Barbara next month. It's one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard in my life. RLJ voice, poetry and music is an integral part of my soul. She was one of my Mama's favorite artists and as a little girl we would wake up on Sunday mornings to the smell of coffee and bacon and the sound of RLJ voice playing on the turntable. Her music has now been passed down a second generation and it isn't stopping here. All four of my children love to hear her songs off The Magazine and Flying Cowboys. It's her music that I want playing when I pass onto the other side! Rickie we absolutely love you!
mcrochet

Postby mcrochet » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:12 pm

marmotte wrote:Well I'm sorry if I am in the wrong place...
Rickie has influenced my life deeply, her voice heals my sadness, her sense of rythm brings me joy, she is such a musician... thanks for that.

I know this topic is for asking a cover but I'll reverse the process if I am allowed.

This is our tribute to this "grande dame", usualy when the MOF makes a cover, we try to make it different but there was no way to play this song in another way : Chuck-E by M.O.F.

Respect and admiration

Marmotte - I know exactly how you feel! Many a times she has consoled me, lifted me and helped me to celebrate the joys and sadness life has to offer us. It's amazing how she manages to tap into our souls with her poetry and artistry! I have only seen her once in my life and I was so overwhelmed with Joy that I wept throughout the entire concert!
mcrochet

Postby RonM » Thu May 05, 2011 5:23 am

mcrochet - Which concert did you attend? Was she with a very small combo? She has been known for bringing audiences to tears since the late '70s with her expressive emotional style.
RonM

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Music Talk