Skip to content

New Videos!

General discussions on Rickie’s music

New Videos!

Postby dubby123 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 am

Check out these live clips of RIckie! Has anyone heard if she is extending her tour into the new year?

Peace!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qip5oXYcZcY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnVV9qE96fY
dubby123

Re: New Videos!

Postby Donna » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 am

These Soundcheck videos are really wonderful, aren't they? I guess we will see how this tour plays out, as regards additional US tour dates...

I would like to see everyone buy a seat at Carnegie Hall, 20 days now until this date. Call radio stations, blog, call and ask, stir it up, she's in Europe and we need to help out if we can.

...the culmination of an amazing thirty years of talent and musical gifts. No one does this quite so well as Rickie (beautiful voice, the audience feels she's walked in everyone's shoes and she makes it sound easy! ...but we need to help boost ticket sales for December 7. Really want Carnegie Hall to happen.

Open and willing to assist with any ideas you have. With love, Donna
Donna

Postby hype2010 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:49 am

Yes, I saw these too - don't you just want to give her a hug and clap endlessly when you see these! It's true Rickie - she needs no other musicians to play with her. Can you imagine her singing for you in person? Truly amazing performances, you can see the passion the truth behind these songs. These two clips are amazing, Rickie you really are God sent. If people don't see this or understand - they just don't get it unfortunately. Listen to the CD, then watch these - the performance is so intimate and so perfect. TRUE performance - this isn't a production - this is TRUE HONEST LIVE performance. Bravo - standing ovation here for these. Wonderfully done, when do you see a 30 year performer do something like this? Very rare, very special. Thanks Rickie and NPR. :D
hype2010

Postby Donna » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 am

Her talent has always astonished me more than anyone else. She doesn't do anything by the book, yet she's right on it. Forget the book. When we saw her in Pittsburgh we spoke after the show and her speaking voice was soft; she had a sore throat. However, her singing voice was strong and beautiful as ever... ....and that radiant smile was perfect. Thinking back I remember it was as if we could see and feel the music channeling from the heavens through her voice, to us.

I cannot say that any other musician does this. When she sings, it's not as if she's only speaking in song, but as if she's singing what she's hearing... she is listening.

Oh, I am so grateful for her gift, this music, to be able to hear it and feel understood and that I'm not the only one in the world who feels this way.

It's a wonder...
Donna

Postby kokomobeach » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:33 am

You take the words right out of my mouth...she really is like no other...I would love to meet her someday.
kokomobeach

Return to Board index

Return to Music Talk