Skip to content

Rickie playing Pirates & RLJ London Nov 26th

Share your feelings about a Rickie concert.

Rickie playing Pirates & RLJ London Nov 26th

Postby seansie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:09 pm

@ the Royal festival hall on the South Bank. Enjoy!
seansie

Re: Rickie playing Pirates & RLJ London Nov 26th

Postby menju56 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:10 pm

So excited! Didn't get the chance to see her in Manchester so this is great news, thank you.

Can I ask, did you buy your tickets from the Southbank venue website? I can't seem to see them on sale at any other places.
menju56

Postby Stevie B » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:08 pm

I managed to snag two 'returns' and got good seats in about the 6th row just two weeks before the show.

Wow ! I have never seen her live before and was blown away - her voice hasn't aged at all since the 70's - full range. The band were so tight and the little repartie that Ms Jones had with the audience was real and heartfelt - moving and funny anecdotes about her first time in London. The versions of Coolsville and Saturday Afternoons had the audience on the edge of their seats. There was even a tear or two.

The sound was playing up - buzzing from the monitor and levels needing constantly tweaking - she really struggled in what is normally an acoustically good venue (RFH). We were over to one side so perhaps that magnified the problems.

My only disappointment was that there was no material from 'Evening of my Best Day' which is my favorite since the eponymous RLJ. I was hoping for something angrier in these dark times but it seemed she was working through some Piratical issues :-)

I would like to share 'Little Mysteries' with the world but it seems no one has put it up anywhere as a link...?
Stevie B

Postby Head Gardener » Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 am

loved the Royal Festival Hall gig, was right at the back but happy as a clam!
Head Gardener

Return to Board index

Return to Road Stories