Skip to content

Seattle Pier Concert

Share your feelings about a Rickie concert.

Seattle Pier Concert

Postby Notafan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:42 pm

I was a fan in the Mid Nineties. My Friend bought me a ticket to your concert for my birthday. You came out on the stage, sung one or two songs, looked around and complained that the venue was too loud and walked off. We all sat stunned and thought you were joking. It was one of the more beautiful venues I have been to, but you chose to see only the downside. How sad! I see that you are performing tonight in a small venue in Seattle. I will not be in the audience. Just know that not only were my friend and I upset, but I am sure that entire crowd was disappointed. I cannot count the number of times that I have told that story to whomever would listen. I hope that is why you are playing a small venue here! :evil:
Notafan

Jazz Alley!

Postby longtimefangirl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:19 pm

WOW! Why bother posting if you're not a fan?...spread the love not hate dude! And, you missed one of the best times I've seen RLJ yet (and I've seen her in BIG and small venues for at least 25 yrs.)! She busted out some of my favs from of course her first, but also Flying Cowboys, Magazine, Balm in Gilead and lovely Autumn Leaves! Beautiful and haunting melodies and renditions of songs that we all know and love so well. It was sublime! The waiting well worth it to celebrate RLJ's birthday with her - a gift she gave to the audience...Just WONDERFUL! Please always visit Seattle!! The smaller venues are so great to have the opportunity to be there with you in an intimate setting...I only wished there had been more jazz - pop pop - Dat dere; bye bye Blackbird. But, no complaints, really. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole magical evening! Thank you Rickie! We love you!!!
longtimefangirl

Re: Seattle Pier Concert

Postby b-lilja » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Last night absolutely blew my mind. I think it was the best musical performance I've ever seen. Thanks Rickie and the gang, you were all so on...

Rickie please come back and play more...
b-lilja

Return to Board index

Return to Road Stories