Skip to content

Rickie is an Angel sent from Heaven

Share your feelings about a Rickie concert.

Rickie is an Angel sent from Heaven

Postby John G. Hil » Sun May 19, 2013 1:33 am

I've seen a lot of performers over the years, but Rickie is special. I was desperate to see her, and this was way back around the time of "Flying Cowboys". She was playing here in Los Angeles at the Greek Theater, which can be a magical place on a warm summer evening. My friend said, "wait, until the day of the show, and the seats reserved for friends who couldn't make it, will be available to us." Sure enough, 2nd row seats, almost dead center. Lyle Lovett opened, and then later joined her. Rickie opened with "Low Rider" by War. In L.A., that could not have been a more perfect tune to open with. Love radiated from her, and I couldn't help but feel touched by it. Never had that experience from anyone else. Years later, at the Largo Coronet theater on Valentine's Day, same thing. It felt like she was talking to each and everyone of us. She admitted that her heart had just been badly broken, when she sang this particular tune, and it was poignant yet beautiful, all at the same time. I worry for her sometimes, as she seems to have a touch of melancholia about her. I wonder if she realizes the profound effect she's had on so many of us. I hope for her always, many happy and wonderful years ahead.
John G. Hil

Re: Rickie is an Angel sent from Heaven

Postby lawrencebeach » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:00 am

Rickie Jones is the famous pop singer who changed the face of pop so dramatically.Her music and persona is really very awesome.
lawrencebeach

Return to Board index

Return to Road Stories