Skip to content

Rickie at the Barbican

Share your feelings about a Rickie concert.

Rickie at the Barbican

Postby Jjohneevans » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Just saw Rickie play some great old songs at the Barbican. Cool lady, great singer, love her to bits!
Jjohneevans

Re: Rickie at the Barbican

Postby Jason Salmon » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:56 pm

Yeah, I've just got home from that gig too. I have mixed feelings about it. Fourth time I've seen her and I think probably my least favourite performance. She didn't seem to be in the mood for it. Barbican too big, too much space between band and crowd. I feel the band were a bit edgy, almost scared of her! Still great to see the queen of cool on our shores, she was just a little short of her usual high level of excellence.
She's at the Paradiso in Amsterdam tomorrow night. I'd love to be at that one. I've played there myself and it's a very special place. Old church, lovely natural reverb. Roll on next year!
Jason Salmon

Re: Rickie at the Barbican

Postby daviesr7 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 pm

I thought she was great - though I have seen her connect better to audiences previously. Nice mix of songs from across her career. She seems to be a little unsure of her albums as she introduced Firewalker as being from Sermon on Exposition Boulevard instead of Ghostyhead. No encore which is always a bit disappointing.
These are the songs she played - roughly but not exactly in this order. A pretty tasty selection!

Altar Boy
Sympathy for the Devil
Seems Like a Long Time
Young Blood
It Must Be Love
We Belong Together
Living It Up
On Saturday Afternoons in 1963
The Horses
Up From The Skies
Second Time Around
Firewalker
Weasel and the White Boys Cool
The Last Chance Texaco
Danny's All Star Joint
Coolsville
Moon is Made of Gold
daviesr7

Rickie at the Barbican

Postby Alonzoskt » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:46 pm

probably gonna run this the last week of june or the first week of july. depends on finances and time .big ifs

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the best software for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!
Alonzoskt

Return to Board index

Return to Road Stories