Skip to content

Skeletons

How were you influenced by a song?

Skeletons

Postby menju56 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:34 pm

This song is so beautiful. So simple and raw and real. The emotion is palpable.

Anyone else love "Skeletons" as much as me?
menju56

Re: Skeletons

Postby kokomobeach » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:12 am

Yes, I love it too! I think 'PIRATES' is genius! I have listened to it a thousand times and I get something new from it every time. I love to hear Rickie sing with Sal...
kokomobeach

Postby hartv » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:40 am

Skeletons: Yes, definitely one of my favourites, (can you have favourites when you like everything Rickie sings?)
In my teens I grew up surrounded by friends who were hard rock nuts - so I had to hide my RLJ 'stash' for private listening. Retrospectively, I think many of my tough street crew were secret Rickie fans just like me. In the midst of growing up and wanting to brand ourselves as a collectively of street wise and hard we didn't want to admit to having the human vulnerability that many of the tracks on "Pirates" so gently extracted from our souls. I’m so grateful RLJ softened the edges of my youth, made me feel (think) deeply about life, the universe, and the human relationships that formed who I am today. Skeletons tells a story about innocence and injustice colliding and leaving an indelible mark on our lives. Every time I hear it it’s like the first time. You just don’t came across artists and songs like this anymore. xxxooo
hartv

Postby maithly » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:36 am

How did you go with the painting? Would love to see a photo. Great song that would lend itself so well to an artwork.
Learn how to create web designs in flash with exam dump tutorials. These University of Cambridge tutorial and 352-001 braindumps guide include everything from basics to advanced for beginners. Fore more details CISCO Good luck
maithly

Return to Board index

Return to Songs