Skip to content

Please, more UK Concerts.

Non-music related discussions.

Please, more UK Concerts.

Postby lindyDP » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm

My headline says it. We were not able to get tickets to Manchester - and I read the reviews and wished SO much we'd been there.

I heard my first Rickie Lee Jones track in 1979 and wanted to see her perform so much I nearly sold our home to book the Sydney Entertainment Centre - on the speculative possibility of persuading her to come to Sydney. My husband stopped me - he felt we needed a home more than I needed to see Rickie Lee Jones. We STILL disagree on this.

Maybe one day she'll come back to the UK and play a little closer to Brighton and I'll be there. Mind you, by then I'll probably be a little old Metal Lady with all possible moveable joints replaced. (God, I hate getting old). But at least wheelchairs usually get a seat at the front!

I feel so sad I missed out this time. An Amazing performer - her spot on the Arts programme exuded such amazing life affirming and raw energy it was stunning. Mind you, I did want to slap the little girlie reporter for being so damned callow. ldp
lindyDP

Re: Please, more UK Concerts.

Postby menju56 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Agreed - wasn't able to attend Manchester and am jealous! Hope to see the show if it comes to the UK again soon.

Also The Culture Show interview was great; the clips from the Manchester show were beautiful. I noticed a sales spike for Pirates on Amazon afterwards, last night it was up to #141!
menju56

Postby seansie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi, In case you didn't yet know. Rickie will be playing at the Royal Festival Hall on the South bank on Nov 26th, it's a Saturday. I tried to log in to mention it before now, but had problems with my password. Anyway, I purchased 4 tickets yesterday and they seem to be going well. Good luck.
seansie

Postby Head Gardener » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:23 am

thanks for the update on the London show - tickets booked! :D
Head Gardener

Return to Board index

Return to Everything Else