Skip to content

Decades of War.

Non-music related discussions.

Decades of War.

Postby Tagz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Long ago, My father was a Drummer, and had a collection of albums. I used to listen to BB King (Who he played for once in Chicago) and other greats as a young boy, and I began collecting as well. When I was 17, I was sent to Infantry School at Ft. Benning Ga. and never saw him, or my family again, it was so very long ago. I have seen much in this time. When I returned I was wounded beyond further service. My life, had been combat, in more places than I care to remember. I bought some land, and built a small cabin, where I lived until the government saw fit to take this from me, Leaving a 100% disabled vet homeless. (I made a video about it, if you like to know) so I started moving. There, in my shop, I found my old victrola, and beside it, My old record player, and in massive cases, my old albums. I loaded them, and headed for a city for the first time in my life. In storage until I got my feet back on the ground. I cannot begin to tell you the adjustments I am learning to make as an "Old Man!" but my lodge was warm, and my friends kept me safe until I found a new place, and a Beautiful woman to share it with.
Yesterday, I set up that old player with a new roof over my head (at last) and started digging through the storage boxes. The memories were Great!
There, in the top of the pile, was "RICKY LEE JONES". A little red beret, and a smoke (Clove?) in hand.
That voice, I include in my collection of legends, I wondered, What happened to her? so, here you are.
It is good to see you well.
A rightious voice to be sure, It calms an old combat vet, in unsure times. The slight pop of a record that hasnt seen a needle in decades, but well stored none the less.
Here I sit, Wolves at my feet, and whiskey at hand...The musty tones speak of days long gone.
I thought I would stop by, and say hello. Keep doing what you do best....some of us are still listening!
http://youtu.be/xfoheE2KI7Y
Im looking forward to hearing how you've adapted over the years, I, am still kicking, and this old dog's still got a few tricks. Stay mellow, and I hope you fare well.
Your oldest fan, T.Tagmeyer.
Tagz

Return to Board index

Return to Everything Else